I tried shooting 4K video in GP-Log2 with the GoPro MISSION 1 PRO ILS.
The MISSION 1 PRO can record 4K video at up to 240 fps.
Camera Settings
Bit Depth: 10-bit
Color Profile: GP-Log2
Bit Rate: Highest
Sharpness: Low
Noise Reduction: Low
Image Tuning: Balanced
I uploaded a video recorded with these settings to YouTube.
The footage recorded in 10-bit GP-Log2 looked absolutely beautiful.
Some reviewers have questioned whether the MISSION 1 should really be called a cinema camera. However, I believe this sample clearly demonstrates that the MISSION 1 delivers image quality worthy of a cinema camera.
Cinema cameras typically cost several hundred thousand yen to over one million yen.
I paid ¥120,000 for the MISSION 1 PRO ILS. Even with the Media Mod, the total cost was only ¥140,000.
It's amazing that you can get a cinema camera at this price!
I plan to continue using it as a cinema camera that can be attached to a microscope.
A Concern About Overheating
There is one issue I noticed while shooting with the MISSION 1 PRO ILS.
When I recorded video using USB power with the battery installed, the camera overheated and shut down.
This appears to happen because the battery continues charging during recording, causing it to heat up.
However, when I removed the battery and powered the camera solely through USB, it did not shut down due to overheating.
An unexpected camera shutdown during recording is unacceptable for a cinema camera. Therefore, removing the battery and operating the camera solely on USB power seems to be the best solution.
USB Power Supply
I powered the camera using an Owltech portable power bank (OEC-LPB10024-WH).
When supplying power through the USB Type-A port, the camera sometimes failed to start or unexpectedly shut down during operation.
However, these problems did not occur when I used the USB Type-C port.
I supplied power through the USB port on the Media Mod.
The MISSION 1 is also compatible with the USB pass-through door designed for the HERO10. Therefore, if you don't need the Media Mod, I recommend using the USB pass-through door instead.

Comments
Post a Comment